Saturday, June 30, 2012

FOUR




Today was an attempt at rock subculture, and also fairly uneventful. I think I'm very much desensitized to this look now. I went out tonight to survey Durban's thriving Pavilion nightlife (not really), which wasn't very exciting.

My person and I almost saw a movie. Then we spent about two hours in a book shop reading books about philosophy and Kurt Cobain. We did see some people from our church, who didn't really respond to my new appearance. Perhaps they thought it was normal and I only dress more respectably for church.




Oh! An amazingly cool and coincidental thing was this fun, interactive promotion for Rock of Ages outside the movies, where you can stand on a cardboard stage and interact with a cardboard Zakk Wylde-esque guitar. It also gives you a little lyrics screen to "I love Rock n Roll", even thought I'm pretty sure Joan Jett and the Blackhearts isn't in this movie.

Whatever. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment